Where did my newborn go? I still feel like I have a postpartum body, but my excuse of "I just had a baby" isn't working for me anymore=) She is 5 months old now...so sad, but so exciting! You don't realize how easy infants are until you have a toddler to compare them too. She is an easy baby! So happy and cute, good sleeper, really cute, squishy(finally has some yummy rolls on her), did I mention she's really cute? I finally decided that she decided she is done nursing. From day one it was just different than it was with Dorian. I was a cow after I had Dorian, with an unlimited supply it seemed like. And with her getting dehydrated from her not getting enough, which led to severe jaundice, which led to being in the hospital with her for several days... equaled to crappy milk supply. So I tried to keep it going for as long as could, but I would have to give her a bottle of formula almost every time. So she got used to the faster flow of the bottle and started getting frustrated when I tried to nurse her,even though it went down to once a day a few weeks ago...so it just wasn't worth her getting upset over anymore and I gave her the good stuff for the most important months anyways.
She is now eating baby cereal 1-2 times a day and started giving her fruit in the AM and veggies in the PM..so good so far. But just when I started doing the solids she learned how to do the raspberry sounds with her lips,so if she really isn't hungry too much she loves to spray it all over me!
She has a cold right now because she gets whatever germs Dorian decides to give her. So when Dorian got a cold I knew it was just a matter of time before Kailey got it. Even if I tried my best at stopping him from giving her kisses and touching her, he would still manage to sneak them in, or he would be standing near her and he would do this explosive sneeze,(the kind that my dad does that scared the daylights out of me, which is the same way Johnny sneezes!) that undoubtedly got all over her. So anyhoo, her usual 12 hour straight bedtimes are now her waking us kinda often because she can't breathe through her nose, but she loves the paci so breathing out of her mouth is a problem, hopefully she will get over it soon.
She is now eating baby cereal 1-2 times a day and started giving her fruit in the AM and veggies in the PM..so good so far. But just when I started doing the solids she learned how to do the raspberry sounds with her lips,so if she really isn't hungry too much she loves to spray it all over me!
She has a cold right now because she gets whatever germs Dorian decides to give her. So when Dorian got a cold I knew it was just a matter of time before Kailey got it. Even if I tried my best at stopping him from giving her kisses and touching her, he would still manage to sneak them in, or he would be standing near her and he would do this explosive sneeze,(the kind that my dad does that scared the daylights out of me, which is the same way Johnny sneezes!) that undoubtedly got all over her. So anyhoo, her usual 12 hour straight bedtimes are now her waking us kinda often because she can't breathe through her nose, but she loves the paci so breathing out of her mouth is a problem, hopefully she will get over it soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment