9 Month stats at Doctor's
19 lbs 13oz
29" long
I am sitting here watching my nine month old baby girl crawl cautiously into the hallway. Unseen territory for the crawler, as of two days ago. I am so happy to see her grow and her personality shine through. But as I watch her creep around the corner out of my sight, I ache. Inside I am yelling, "Come back! Be a little baby again! Just lay in your infant bouncer and stare up at me with your innocent little face that says 'love me, feed me, hold me mama.' " Those days are gone and I again ache inside knowing I won't have a little, dependant infant anymore that will sleep curled up on my chest.
But now I have this beautiful nine month old girl that has mama's blue eye's, that loves to dance with mama in the mirror to girly music while big brother is napping. A girly girl with bows in her hair and lacy,ruffle socks on Sundays. The girl I have always wanted. I look forward to dance class, more beach days lying in the sun under an over sized umbrella, curly long hair waiting to get dressed up in pigtails and bows, and tea parties with her dolls.....But I can wait..I am kissing those squishy baby cheeks while I can, before they aren't squishy anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment