Tuesday, December 30, 2008

16 months

Well with the Holidays I haven't had a chance to add pictures and update on his 16Th month. So going back a couple weeks ago we went to get his second flu shot, because if little ones haven't had one before they require two. And he did great, he cried for literally 2 seconds from the needle and then was fine..better than I do with shots! And had no side effects afterward. He is 27 pounds and 32 inches tall, such a healthy boy.
He is talking like crazy. When he wakes up in the morning he runs into the kitchen yelling eat, and since daddy is better than me at mornings at 6 AM. He gets his breakfast for him while I try to wake up. He says banana, and juice which is a regular for breakfast, and then Johnny shares his bagel with him. He also tries to get everything he wants by saying 'more' and doing the sign language with it...it's so cute but I'm trying to teach him he can't have everything! especially when it's something that involves sugar. Daddy's cookies kinda go against the healthy organic foods I give Dorian but he is allowed to have one if he eats his veggies=)
I officially weaned Dorian from nursing a few weeks ago. It had become a once or twice a day thing the past month or so, usually around night time and in the morning. So I knew I wouldn't be traumatizing him by taking it away=) I have to admit it was sad for me to realize that it was over. After a few nights of singing him to sleep instead of nursing him, he kinda just forgot about it. And after a few nights of him forgetting, I knew it was over. It created such a strong bond between me and him from the very beginning, and even though i never imagined nursing him past a year, it was just very natural and special.If he was ever upset or was hyper from a crazy day, I would hold him and nurse him, and i could just feel his body relax and unwind and we would just stare at each other, it was wonderful and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to do that for him.

No comments: