Instead of taking a bunch of pictures, we got everything on video. Here are a couple video clips. They are both of Christmas morning opening presents, and Dorian staring into the video camera, looking at himself on the screen I had facing forward..too cute.
Christmas couldn't have been better this year. It was so much fun to see Dorian enjoy everything. It was like his first Christmas since last year he was only 4 months old. Christmas Eve was spent in Newport at Johnny's, sister's house where we enjoyed a delicious dinner prepared by a very pregnant Kim! It was just family and very nice. All the attention was on Dorian and his cousin Chase, who is a year older than Dorian. Chase gave Dorian a really cool basketball hoop for his room and a Thomas the train activity table, which he loves!
Christmas morning was just us three at home. Dorian was wide awake at 6:30 AM, ready to see what Santa brought him. There was no sleeping in! We didn't go crazy on presents seeing the simplest things make him happy..and he has enough stuff as it is. He has for some reason gotten hooked on Elmo. I have no idea why, he never saw him on TV much. And i didn't introduce them, I didn't really push it cause Elmo is soo trendy. But Dorian loves him now and shouts his name whenever he sees him. I wasn't about to get him the Elmo Live, which costs like 60 bucks and all you do is watch it talk and move. Dorian likes actually playing with his toys, so I knew he would be over that fast. So we got him a super soft Elmo doll, and the Elmo hand puppet, and Elmo cars and trains. And Johnny downloaded a few of the Elmo World DVDs, so he is set! His favorite gift by far is the magna doodle I got him. He holds the pen correctly in his right hand and very attentively draws pictures and proudly shows them off..it's soo cute!! Johnny got me the most thoughtful gift. I love playing the piano when I get the chance and would love to take some advanced lessons. Since we couldn't fit a big piano in our place he got me a digital piano. It's basically like a keyboard but ten times better because it sounds and plays just like a regular piano. So I am enjoying it!
In the after noon we drove out to my parents house and had Christmas dinner there with almost all my family. It was also the chance we could finally get Dorian's crib out of his room and into my parent's garage. He has been sleeping in his race car toddler bed since he turned a year. He never liked the crib, and he loves his big boy bed with no sides..and he doesn't fall out of it..it's amazing. So now he has tons of space in his room now.
1 comment:
Had so much fun looking at all your pictures! Dorian is just precious!
Robin
Post a Comment