Thursday, August 20, 2009

2 Years Old!










My baby is 2 years old. We had a wonderful birthday party for him this past Sat. All of his friends from Nursery came, cousins, and the and his (big sisters) Lily and Elena. He had such a good time. It was such a big difference compared to his 1st party. He wanted to take control of everything. from when we did the pinata to when it was time to go to the playground with everyone. I attempted to make a 3d dinosaur cake but it was really hard coming home from girl's camp fri night and then having to pull an allnighter to do it. it didn't come out the way I pictured so i decided to keep that for the next day when it was just us. I went out Sat. morning and bought a big sheet cake and added all the decorations myself..so I'm still satisfied. He got the best presents from everyone, lots of books and big boy toys. it gave me the motivation to go through the house and decide on all the toys I was going to give away and the ones I wanted to keep for the next little one. So we have room now for all his new stuff including the present he for from us..(daddy). His new power wheels F-150 truck. I only agreed to it because it will last him til he is like 6, compared to the smaller one which would only last a year at bext. It 's so funny seeing him drive around in it, and a bit frightning because he doesn't steer yet so we have to run after him and turn the wheel before he crashes=) Sunday on his actual birthday we went to church and brought everyone in his nursery class cupcakes to celebrate. And at night we decorated the house and had our own little party for him. Monday I took him to his 2 year check up..the last one he will have til he is 3! His has grown 3 inches in 6 months which puts him at 35 inches! And he has gained about 2 lbs, weighing 31 lbs. The doctor was really impressed with how well he is talking. It has really improved in the past month, he is starting to talk in sentences, and he can say a lot of the alphabet and can count to 10, it's amazing.

No comments: