Sunday, May 22, 2011

Disneyland/ 5 year anniversary

Yay Disneyland! What a special day it was for me and Dorian. I  am not a believer in getting the season pass for Disneyland. Yes we live 10 min. away, and by using it 2 or 3 times we would have already saved money. But.... The kids I know around here that go all the time because they have a season pass think of Disneyland as another park with a bigger playground. There is no "magic" anymore. And that's ok if that's what you want, but I prefer it to be a special place that is saved for special days once or maybe twice a year. I love to keep it a secret and when Dorian finally realizes where we are, to see his face light up is priceless. It was supposed to be me,Johnny, and Dorian. But Johnny had to work last minute so it was just me and Dorian. So me and Johnny's 5 year wedding anniversary kinda got pushed aside but it's ok, I just told him he can make up for it next year :)
 Little Kailey stayed home with Grandma because knowing her temperament she would have been very overwhelmed. Dorian was due for a "special Dorian Day" anyways. It is a must to have regular days where the oldest child gets one-on-one attention and treatment, once you have a second baby.It really has made a difference in his behavior towards us and Kailey. Disneyland was a blast, and I'm pretty sure I lost a pound walking around both parks that day! I didn't take a million pictures because it's kinda hard when it's just the two of us, and I'm not one to take that many anyways because for me it takes away some of the special moments that you just want to enjoy instead of pausing to snap a pic. But here are a few to enjoy from our day.
The 45 minute wait to see Mickey is always worth it.



Love capturing the candid face of pure excitement!

He was sure somebody lived in there and was offended they wouldn 't open the door

His "say cheese!" smile



I highly suggest to regularly hand your camera over to a three year old... they always capture the most attractive pictures of you.=) ha



1 comment:

Alyssa s said...

You're such a good lil momma julie!!! I can still remember the last time we all went to Disneyland together!!! I love that place! -Alyssa