It all started last week, Dorian and Kailey got sick, then Johnny got sick. I was taking care of everybody and Dorian and Johnny bounced back pretty quickly while I was thinking I had a pretty good immune system for not getting sick even though you know I was sneaking in smoochys with everybody! =) Well....I got it. It started out with the sore throat that usually turns into a cold, but this sore throat stuck around for a few days and then finally turned into a cold. And it's so funny, and it happens every time, but when you have the horrible sore throat you wish it would turn into the cold because it would be better than having that annoying pain every time you swallow, but then you get the cold that turns into a cold worse than you thought and you wish you could have the sore throat back! HA! Well it was the same thing this time around but I got a super fun bonus,yay!, I got pink eye. yes. And what makes that even a more fun of a situation is that I wear contacts to correct the horrible vision I have. And I don't have a spare pair of glasses with the right prescription that I wear. So getting pink eye in one eye meant that I was walking around half blind. Luckily I had some antibiotic drops left over so got started on that right away, and made sure to wash my hands constantly so I wouldn't spread the curse to anybody else, and to not infect my other eye. Good news! I started the drops soon enough so nobody else got it. Bad news.....my other eye must have been jealous of the pretty shade of pink my infected eye was sporting because when I woke up this morning they were matching. UGH! I am now walking around wearing a pair of glasses that haven't been updated since I was in high school,( I don't know how or why I still have them), so they are not the right strength so my sight in still compromised. Lets not forget the fact that with pink eye I can't wear eye makeup...so I am walking around looking pretty hot with no makeup and glasses that look horrible on me. And I still have a bad cold on top of all of that. OK.. I'm done venting. On the bright side I have wonderful kids who have been very patient with me. Like Dorian who will watch cartoons and let me nap while Kailey is napping, lifesaver. And Kailey has been a trooper, even though she has been battling a cold that turned into an ear infection and fevers, but that is all coming to an end with antibiotics as well.
I also have a wonderful husband who has been working all day on a Sat. But stopped by to drop flowers off to me for the second day in a row! The flowers I got yesterday were because I was sick, and the flowers today were for Mother's Day, which also included a new steam mop to replace my broken one, yay! He is the best. We are coming up on our 5 year anniversary and I can truly say every year has gotten better,and not just because I get more flowers. =)
Well I will close this super long blog post with Happy Mother's Day! And some pictures of my babies and me to celebrate this wonderful holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment