All the stress and hard work was completely worth it. Even the lack of sleep from staying up late making my first tiered cake, came out just the way I wanted. Even Johnny, who was so annoyed by all the time I spent preparing and organizing for the event, was very happy with how it turned out, and what a special day it was for Kailey. She was very aware of all the attention that was on her and she loved it. My favorite part of the day was when we were all singing happy birthday to her. She was sitting on the table with the cake in front of her and as we sang she smiled while looking at all the people in front of her, taking it all in. It was perfect, but...... when we were singing I looked down at Dorian and because of doing that I sang "happy birthday dear Dorian"......Nobody noticed except me. It's pretty funny though, and of course we got it on video. =) The tutu I made turned out perfect and ridiculously poofy, just the way I wanted it.
But...as of today she is still 11 months old, I am trying to slow it down. She will be 11 months old until tomorrow night at 10:06 PM! My baby =)
4 comments:
Happy B-day to Kailey! Love the pics! Hope you are having an amazing day! Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/
Your family is beautiful. I love the party pictures. I have a little boy that just turned 1 in February. I love him to death, but is in to everything!
Hi, just browsing through some blogs and I found yours. I wanted to comment on the pretty cake and tutu!! My daughter will be the big 1 yrs. next month and I've been wanting to make her cake for her, I think I might use your idea, it's perfect for what I've been looking for...where did you find the butterflies?
Thanks Amber! The cake was quite a project but very doable. I pretty much went on youtube and watched like 3 tutorials on how to make a 3 tiered cake. And I found the butterflies at Michaels. I had an advantage because since her birthday was in april they had all the spring/easter decor out. But a lot of those butterflies are paper for scrapbooking, and I just took the adhesive off of them. BUT, what I really wanted ,which you can find on etsy, are these edible wafer like butterflies specifically for cakes and cupcakes. I would look into it. I just didn't order them soon enough because it takes a couple weeks to get them.
Post a Comment